Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall Design Job

I am designing a friends new apartment this month and am having so much fun doing it! The first shopping trip was yesterday and it was a success.  I always like to start with buying art work to draw inspiration from.  Her style is bohemian and eclectic style, so this means LOTS of art work on the walls with mixing and matching frames.  We picked five pieces of art from HomeGoods and will need much, much more!  I am working on a hot pink side table for her right now with gold dipped legs, lots of stenciling and hand painting. I am thinking of doing a jute rug in the living room to bring in the neutral with two 1970's wing back chairs from craigslist.

Here are the wing back chairs I hope to get soon...


Here are some little treasures I picked up at a garage sale last weekend for this space.






This is what I have in mind so far for the living room space, what do you think?


What do you think about the window treatments from Target

I get so many ideas and inspiration from one of my favorite blogs littlegreennotebook.  Jenny Komenda is one of the most inspirational designers out there in my opinion. She does a lot of DIY's in her designs that adds creativity and flair to the room.  I love how she mixes and matches styles with different textures. She mixes modern style with antiques and complex color schemes with "I never thought I could do that, but now that you did it I have the guts to too" DIY's.  Thanks Jenny!!

I will put up another post soon with the finished hot pink and gold table.   

What is your favorite style or color combinations to use in your house?  Where do you get your inspiration from?


 

No comments: