Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Real Home is Never Done

I have been so busy with many projects lately I have been dying to update you guys.  The first project is my friend Jess's house that needed a little update.  She just moved into a new place that has so much character, I couldn't resist showing you this place.  It has two bedrooms and two in a half baths with two fireplaces and a very open kitchen.  She needed most of the help with shopping and picking out art (which I happen to LOVE!).  Shopping is not my favorite because I like to spend money, it's my favorite because I love to find steals and am pretty good at it too!  



The yellow chairs I found on Craigslist.com for $40 and the little pink table I refinished for her. 




I painted the whole table in Hot Pink by BEHR Premium Plus Ultra Mate then I did the top stencil and gold dipped legs in Martha Living Metallic Glaze Medallion.  then I gave this table two coats of clear wax by Annie Sloan.  I wish I would have used a gold spray paint for the gold because this Martha Living Glaze took 24 hours to dry between coats!  I could have finished it in half the time.  Oh well, you live, you learn.  


I painted the drawer stencil in acrylic paints and I did an umbra purple.  




 What kind of furniture projects have you done lately?  Have you ever painted something in Hot Pink?

No comments: