Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Long Winter days

It has been so hard to become motivated lately with the cold weather and all the snow.  No painting outside for me! So I search my favorite inspirational blogs like, Little Green NotebookBlue Egg Brown Nest, and View Along The Way.  The time when I feel so blaa and can't get my creativity light bulb lit, I go to the flea market stores and just look around for inspiration.  Do you ever feel like this in the winter? Ugh! So frustrating.  Ok, so I would not know what to do without these little helpful things while I'm feeling this way.  The awesome design DIY blogs, the flea market stores, the magazines, Pinterest...So my point is, never give up on your dream. Never let life run you over without a fight! It's so important to do what you love and to push yourself towards that goal a little everyday.  Here is a project I did right before winter.

This is the desk before the renovation.





This is the adorable little desk after I created it for a client. She wanted a literary themed desk for her rustic apartment in Chicago.




 I used a blend of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White and Greek Blue.  This mix was perfect for the fun blue I was looking for to make this desk look retro and rustic.



I Mod Podged the wall paper books onto the front of the drawers, and Mod Podged the inside of the drawers with scrapbook paper.  These are such affordable options to jazz up a piece of furniture!

 
I hope everyone has a lovely week and stays warm out there!  Have faith, spring is right around the corner!!! Ciao!

No comments: