Tuesday, September 24, 2013


The best thing about fall approaching is all the beautiful mums everyone has by their front door.  I am in love with the fall smells and the scarf weather.  The one thing I love to do the most in the fall is paint! It is the perfect painting weather because all the humidity is gone and its cool but sunny outside.  I love to set up my all my paints outside with some pandora playing and just paint! My favorite paint to use these days, is Annie Sloan Chalk paint.  I am just obsessed with this product!! You don't have to prepare the wood before you paint.  I just dust the piece a little and go to town.  It's so easy, and you can be so creative with the colors too.  You can mix them to make other different colors and you can use Annie Sloan dark wax to distress the piece.  If you don't want to distress the piece too much you can cure the furniture with the clear wax. 

Here are two projects I have finished in the last couple days using the chalk paint...

 
This is a little black side table of my own that I refinished.  The top of this table was coming loose and I was not crazy about the black on black.  I have had this table for a long time, so it was time for a make over for this little cutie.


I painted the base in Annie Sloan Paris Grey.  I cut out a coffee mug from fabric and attached it with some really cool nail heads.  I recovered the top of this table with brown contact paper.  I love this table now because we used to forget to use a coaster on the old table and there was always a water ring left behind.  On this new table we just set our drinks on the fabric coffee mug : )


The table turned out pretty cute!

The next project I finished this week is a side table I picked up at Goodwill for $11.65! The thing that attracted me to this table was the patina legs and the carving on the front. I really likes the marble top too because it will last and the table is solid wood which is quality and will look great painted.  


As you can see it needs to be dusted a little and it needed a repair at the top were the marble insert will lay.  I glued that and waited 24 hours for it to dry.  The next day I stared painting.

  

I really love how this table turned out.  I used Pure White and Greek Blue in Annie Sloan Calk Paint.  I then applied two coats of the clear wax.  I have not used the dark wax yet, which I picked up last week.  On the next project I will try and be a little more brave and use it. :)







The wax takes three days to dry and then this baby is ready to sell! Let me know if you have any questions.

I hope you enjoyed : ) Happy Tuesday everyone!  


No comments: