Sunday, July 28, 2013

Reupholstered Vintage Chair

I am so excited to give you a peak at my new project.  I have been having so much fun creating this chair.  It was a piece I picked up at a used antique shop, and when I first saw it I knew I had to get it! The springs are still in great shape and the wood is gorgeous! When you sit in the chair you feel like its hugging you because its round and you just sink right down into its lap.


  I would normally paint something like this, but I just couldn't cover up that beautiful solid wood.

I picked this fabric because I think it goes well with the style of the chair being that it is round and the linen printed fabric is a curvy abstract pattern.  I also believed that the mustered and orange colors in the fabric allowed the wood color to become more pronounced.  


I always feel like a piece is never "Done" so who knows, I might add some more nail heads around the back of the chair, or wash paint it with some chalk paint. Stay tuned to see!  Hope you like it. Please feel free to leave comments. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!  I know I will : 0)

(This chair is SOLD)

No comments: