Monday, March 31, 2014

Picture Collage Wall

I can't count how many times I have just started hanging things without planning out (measuring, coordinating, planning) the wall first. Let me tell you, it NEVER works out looking good! So I finally decided to take the time to spray paint all my frames the same color, since I had a bunch of mixed matching frames, and take some of our wedding photos that were in an album and do the wall the RIGHT way!

Sometimes I can be scatter brained...ok all the time I can be scatter brained.  It's really bad. I can be working on one thing that reminds me of another thing and then walk away and do that other thing that reminded me of that thing...Sooooo, I have been trying to become a little more organized when it comes to task and decorating.  It's an inner accomplishment that I am proud to say I'm getting much better at!  I still have my moments while I'm cleaning the refrigerator one second and then brushing the dog the next, before the refrigerator is done being cleaned, but I'm trying!! Can't blame a girl. Oh well...

This is one of those project that I have been wanting to do for forever.  This is how I put my new planning skills to the test.



I first laid down a painting tarp and arranged the photos how I wanted them. This was the first arrangement that I did and it was nice, but I decided that I wanted to try one more way. Then when I decided on an arraignment I used tape to mark where the picture would hang. DON'T forget to take a picture of how you have want the pictures to look on the wall.

 I took the piece of tape and held it over the hanging hardware on the back of the picture and drew a dot with a pen.  Then I held the tape on that spot and laid the picture flat and stuck the tape to the tarp. 

When I had all my pieces if tape on the drop cloth I tacked the drop cloth to the wall and taped it tight. I started putting nails wherever there was a piece of tape. This would work much better with wrapping paper instead of a drop cloth, but thats all I had at the time. After I nailed through the drop cloth I stared from the top and pulled the nails out one by one and placed them in the wall.    

This is the second way I tried the collage. I liked this was better because it flowed way better than the first way. 


This is the finished product! You can do this too with your bare walls! this wall only cost me $25!


    Leave comments bellow to find out how I made my letter "F" and my striped painting! 

Have a Great Day!

No comments: